1. Updated aesthetics - I feel like with all the photography across my social media and here on my blog, It's very very easy to get a little bit complacent. Sometimes you need to step back and revaluate the aesthetic you want to produce. Which is exactly what I have done, I took some time with some seriously beautiful magazines, a couple of Pinterest boards and a head full of inspiration. I rediscovered what I found mesmerising in photos, learnt all about Adobe Lightroom and it's amazing benefits. I want to produce beautiful blog content, photos that I can be proud of.
2. Embracing travel - I have wanted to do travel posts for as long as I can remember but I always put myself off of it as a I don't have the large budget that other travel bloggers do. However, I noticed this was just a huge excuse not to do what I really wanted to do. So after my Copenhagen trip - I decided this year will see an entire sector of travel finally here on Rush & Teal.
3. Power of social - I'm not going to lie to you and say, I've figured out Instagram and started gaining 1000s of followers (nowhere near) but I have found my flow with Instagram Stories. I bloody love them, I feel like I've found my own signature style with it and they make me feel creative. You can follow me on there, I'm rushandteal 🙂
4. Being creative - I love to be creative, I love creating online content. Blogging has always been a series of uploading a few photos and writing a few words but I've found a new way that I enjoy displaying my content. Using InDesign to manipulate my words and images has give Rush & Teal a new lease of life.
5. Staying Consistent - Something every bloggers knows as gospel but finds one of the biggest struggles. Being consistent on social media, on the blog, on YouTube are all important factors of being a successful blogger and whilst I don't want to pile impossible pressure on myself I just really want to be a recognisable face in the blogging community.