Lisbon Through the Lens
'this is tile heaven'
I think I must of said that phrase at least a dozen times over the long weekend we spent in Lisbon. In fact my iPhone has been prompting me to upgrade my cloud storage, probably due to the incredible amount of tile photos I now proudly own.
No regrets, tiles are life right?
Here's some snaps I took over my weekend in Lisbon, all iPhone because I left my camera on charge
So my weekend in Lisbon was actually for my best friend's hen do, a little unconventional - not the usual hen do location but certainly a good one. We planned something a little more chilled, still with a good amount of drinking and the added bonus of sunshine too.
Lisbon was everything I had imagined and more. It's a friendly city filled with beauty around every corner. It has an amazing vibe to it, super laid back - until you hit Barrio Alto at night of course.
If you're in to sangria, tiles and incredibly well decorated food establishments. I really recommend you head to Lisbon.
I feel like every surface in Lisbon is ideal for an outfit photo. If only the UK was the same! It's been a while since I've posted an outfit on my Instagram - a lack of money (for new clothes) from travelling and body insecurities got the better of me, but hi - here I am again. This banging dress is from Topshop if you're interested. I'm looking forward to layering it in the winter.
Some of my recommendations for Lisbon, from the very short time I was there:
1. Dear Breakfast, get their 'Brunch' - it includes two bloody marys or mimosas, an eggy dish and a croissant for like €16.
2. Lost In is a lovely place to have rooftop drinks.
3. Spend a good chunk of your time in the LX Factory, so many quirky food places and independent sellers. Bonus points if you go there on a Sunday, their market is amazing.
4. If you're going with a big group, I cannot recommend Rita's apartment enough - It was honestly such a highlight of the trip - take a peek here. Also, if you're new to Airbnb here's a £25 off code for your first trip!
5. Take a Tuk Tuk ride, honestly I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did when we experienced this.
6. Wear appropriate footwear, honestly the paths are ridiculously slippery and you will struggle walking like the majority of our group did!
7. Use all your phone memory taking photos of tiles. It's so worth it.